Responsible for quantity take-offs, subcontractor and supplier solicitations, contract document review and other duties as assigned by the Senior Estimators as well as assisting the Operations Team in the preparation of bid packages, subcontractor solicitation, project change estimates and bulletin pricing for negotiated and CM projects
- Maintain subcontractor contact log tracking anticipated participation and interest.
- Prepare pre-bid and contract scope descriptions for subcontractors and vendors
- Prepare quantity surveys as assigned and provide recapitulation for pricing.
- Understand CSI classifications
- Manage contract documents for projects including procurement, distribution and notifications.
- Assist in the development of preliminary construction or preconstruction schedule seeking subcontractor input and material/ equipment lead times.
- Assist in the finalization of the complete estimate summary (bidday final/ GMP).
Relationship Building & Leadership Requirements:
- Attend pre-bid meetings, perform site survey and site investigations.
- Actively solicit subcontractor and supplier pricing for assigned projects.
- Solicit and document DBE subcontractor bid involvement as necessary.
- Achievement of minority participation goals on bid projects
JOB REQUIREMENTS & SKILL SETS
- Education: 4-yr. Engineering Degree, Construction Management Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 0 to 2 years experience in an Estimator Role
- Technical skills:
- Must have basic knowledge of construction
- Must understand building components and systems, their relative costs, and relationships
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, contract drawings, and specifications
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Project, MC2, Planswift, Word, Excel, Outlook, Procore)
- Must have the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- People skills:
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must have the ability to build relationships with design professionals and subcontractors
- Must have clear concise written and verbal communication skills
- Problem Solving Skills:
- Must accept and complete tasks with minimum direction